USA Trip 2007 (South West)
23.-31. July 2007
[German Version - please klick]
This time I had the correct timing: Business trip to Los Angeles right before the planned
vacation - I just extended my stay in USA for a couple of days and vsited some really interesting places.
The round trip started in Los Angeles, via Death Valley we rode to Las
Vegas. After some exciting Dinner Buffets and enjoying the great
atmosphere in Las Vegas we continued our trip via Hoover Dam to
Grand Canyon (South Rim). Back to LA via "Route 66" and Yoshua Tree
1600 miles in 8 days - not bad!
Enough text now, click on one of the pictures below to start
For using the slide show fuction simply open the first photo and then
click on the slide show buttom top right.
Los Angeles, Pinnacle Peak, Queen Mary, Death Valley
- Greenland Glaciers
- Hermosa Beach
- The best Steakhouse of the world: Pinnacle Peak
- Back to the 30ies of the last century: Hotel Queen Mary / Long Beach
- Death Valley National Park
- Zebrisky Point
- Bad Water (220 ft below sea level)
||Part 2: Las Vegas, Hoover Damm
- Stratosphere (1000 ft tower)
- "Thrill Rides" on top of the Stratoshere.
course we had to take the flat rate and try out all rides day and
night. The best one is still the good old big shot, but the new rides
are also a lot of fun.
- Hoover Damm
Grand Canyon (South Rim), Route 66, Yoshua Tree Nationalpark
- Day 1: Sunset in the eastern part, Grand View, Watch-Tower, Desert View
- Cabin of the Bright Angel Lodge, great view from the cabin to Grand Canyon
- Day 2: Morning (we missed sunrise !!!) to the western part, Mohave Point Hermits Rest
- Route 66
- Lake Havasu
- Yoshua Tree National Park
©2007 Bernhard Heinz Immenstaad